Thursday, May 10, 2012

Donna Karen makes giving back fashionable

At Urban Zen 100% of the proceeds goes back to Haiti.

Everything there was amazing there were parts of her in every piece. She designs pieces that includes a craft that the natives have. Be it beads made of shredded magazines and glue, or bags and purses made from t- shirts, to beautiful things created from tobacco leaf, you will be amazed to see and find out how she incorporated their trades into designing fashionable pieces for your body and for your home.

Working my way from the gallery in back which was huge! The atmosphere was very chill with a couches and coffee tables-like set up, where there were all these pieces laid out on the coffee tables, I was in awe. I was led back there and told to make myself at home... and I did. I didnt get to cover all ground this trip but I definitely intend to make a return visit.

I worked my way back out toward the main store area where the clothing is to die for, but beware these clothes are for those (real ballers) willing to drop a few. (The leather jacket that caught my eye ranged in the $1200s.) Clothes can only be found there although there's a website, you can only purchase apparel in store... which gives it "exclusivity without being snobbish" as the salesman put it. The staff were so personable and approachable.

Its nice to see celebs and people with the means to help, actually do it. I was told she goes to Haiti approximately every two weeks. And again 100% goes back to Haiti.

Click the link to find an Urban Zen near you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like: