Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Product Review: Dove purely pampering shea butter body wash w/warm vanilla

Now I'm an avid dove user; so anything they make can pretty much do no wrong, as far as I'm concerned.

I've been using their beauty bath bars lately and I had recently come across this scent in bar form. I used it and fell in love with it because: of its moisturizing properties, it's SLS & ALS free, and of course the smell... Mmmm vanilla.

Well anyway, when I ran out of my bars I ventured out to my normal spots to re-up... But I couldn't find them anywhere, we'll at least not this particular scent. So I purchased another dove scent for the meantime. Every time I went to buy some bars, they never had my vanilla.

Well last week I went to buy some toiletries and I seen the body wash at rite aid... On sale... For $4 less than its normal price. The bargainista in me said: "buy it!" My nose said: "girl don't play with me you better buy this ish!!" But the naturalista in me said: "Hmmm... I don't know, it has SLS and petrolatum in it... I don't do those." But the jones in me told me to listen to my nose and bargainista because they know I been needing this scent in my life. Plus I can never go wrong with dove.

Needless to say as apprehensive as I was, (for all of 5 seconds), I bought this big bottle of goodness and am loving it. Although it doesn't lather the same way the bar does when i apply it to my shower gloves, It's very moisturizing and I think of the petrolatum as a moisture barrier to seal the moisture into my skin. (Sniffs skin) I needed my fix!!!

I do wish they made the body wash with similar ingredients as the bar so it's SLS free as well... But anyway it'll do for now. And the pampering is real, my skin is super soft.

What it promises:

Dove purely pampering: a shower experience that nourishes and pampers.

Dove shea butter with warm vanilla body wash creates a cloud of creamy lather that will leave you feeling restored. The warm scent fills the shower enveloping you with care, allowing you to feel balanced and renewed.

Dove with NutriumMoisture gently cleanses while nourishing deep down, giving your skin the best care.

Ingredients: water, sodium hydroxypropyl starch phosphate, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, lauric acid , petrolatum, sodium cocoyl, glycinate, glycerin, sodium lauroyl isethionate, fragrance, soybean oil or sunflower oil, shea butter, sodium chloride, hydrogenated soybean oil, stearic acid, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, DMDM hydantoin, tallow acid or palmic acid, sodium isethionate, BHT, terasodium EDTA, methylsothiazolinone, etidronic acid, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, red 33, titanium dioxide, yellow 5.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Marisha, yes most of what I try and buy are pretty affordable... I'm a beauty on a budget girl, I love good quality deals. I appreciate you for reading.

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like: