Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Product review: 1st impression: Loreal eversleek

1st impression of the shampoos: didn't soften my hair on contact as a moisturizing poo does. It almost felt as if it would strip my hair, but once I rinsed I was pleasantly surprised at how soft my curls were, I kept touching my hair.

1st impression of the deep conditioner: it's very light, it didn't feel like it would penetrate my hair shaft or moisturize it at all. But in the time I left one side to sit while I applied some to the other side, going back to the first to ensure its evenly distributed, my hair was softened and moisturized I couldn't believe it. and it was even better once I left it to sit the full 10 mins. I think this would work wonderfully in conjunction with a steamer.

1st impression of conditioner: it didn't detangle well, wasn't enough slip. At this point I just knew it was going to be amaze-balls, but it wasn't. I was disappointed.

1st impression of leave in: this stuff was great!! It moisturizes, detangles well, makes hair manageable, and defines curls a bit. I could see the sleeking effect with this. It's very very light though, so if you need something a bit heftier... You may not like this. This is a great summer product for me.

1st impression of finishing creme: another light weight moisturizer. I used this for a braid out, didn't really like it for that because it gave no hold so my hair was less defined and more pillowy (not necessarily a bad thing just not what I intended)... But it doesn't promise hold or definition so I couldn't be disappointed on that front. Next time I will use as directed to really review.

1st impression of precious oil treatment: I used this to take down my braid out, it added even more softness and the smell is great pretty reminiscent of the typical argan oil scent with a sweeter undertone.

Although I didn't straighten my hair with this line to see the benefits of the "sleek performance" I can say that my hair was a lot more manageable in its natural state, easier to comb even after being partially air dried, and better curl definition. It has a light moisturizing texture that leaves the hair very soft and not weighed down. This is great for the summer because its so light weight.

I plan on using it again in the warmer seasons, and this time I will straighten with it to really test the sleek properties of the line.

I'll be back for a full review of each piece.





No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like: