Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Product review: Organix vanilla silk

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a sucker and a huge fan of the organix line. So it's no surprise that I had been eyeing this duo for a while now. I have the biggest obsession with all things vanilla so that only added to the fiendish-ness.

On first sight when I flipped the lid to sniff it, the yummy goodness in this bottle was enough to make me want to impulse buy this. It smells like creamy vanilla mixed with white chocolate. Reading what the product promises "soft & silky" hair, "nourish and moisturize", "strengthen and seal... Cuticles". Plus the already known fact that its sulfate and paraben free... I could not resist!!

Once I got it home I jumped in the shower and... Honestly it's been a good while since I used their shampoo... But instantly it made my hair feel exactly the way I've been craving for a shampoo to make it feel. It's rich, creamy lather moisturized my strands leaving them soft and silky, and manageable not matted or stripped. It felt like I could detangle it with the shampoo on my hair. It rinsed clean and left my hair feeling soft.

Then the conditioner... It's thick consistency can double as a deep conditioner. When applied to soaking wet hair it produced a foam that moisturizes the strands and combs thru easily. It also rinses out clean yet leaves the hair soft, silky, and conditioned. It also gave my hair a noticeable, glowing shine, I hadn't seen in a while. And of course it leaves my hair smelling like vanilla... Mmmmmm.

I just wish they had vanilla silk styling products to enhance my vanilla experience after I wash and condition. I know they had a serum, which was discontinued for one reason or another and replaced by the Moroccan oil serum. But that's not vanilla.... So no. They need to fix that.

I did straight my hair to style and it was soft and sleek, it didn't puff up at the first sign of moisture as it usually does. So I think I'm loving this stuff beyond the scent.

Soft & silky vanilla silk:

indulge your senses with this exclusive blend of smoothing Tahitian vanilla bean oils to instantly nourish and moisturize, while silk amino proteins strengthen and seal your hair's cuticles, revitalizing your hair, creating silky, smooth shiny hair.

What you want: smoothing Tahitian vanilla bean oils blended with exotic silk amino proteins create a decadent treat. All you need for soft, smooth and seductive hair in one irresistible formula.

Shampoo:
What you do: apply organix shampoo generously to wet hair, massage into a lather through to ends, then rinse the hair thoroughly. After shampooing, follow with organix conditioner.

Ingredients: water, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, sodium c14-16 olein sulfonate, cocamidopropyl betaine, cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, parfum, glycol distearate, dimethicone copolyol, cetyl alcohol, cocamide DEA, DMDM hydantoin, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, polyquarternium-11, silk amino acids, panthenol, vanilla oil, shea butter, vitamin E, limonene, CI 19140 (yellow 5)

Conditioner:
What you do: after shampooing with organix shampoo, apply organix conditioner generously to hair, working through ends. Wait 3-5 minutes. Rinse hair thoroughly.

Ingredients: water, parfum, behentrimonium chloride, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, cetearyl glycoside, glyceryl stearate, glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, jojoba seed oil, cetyl alcohol, panthenol, silk, amino acids, vanilla oil, DMDM hydantoin, shea butter, vitamin E, tetra sodium EDTA, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, limonene, CI 19140 (yellow 5)







1 comment:



  1. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

    Natural Hair Conditioner

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like: