Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mya's hair update

Mya has always had a thick head of hair, of which I've been caring for since she could sit up straight. It's fine hair but a lot of it. She has coily/ curly hair, I'm not much into typing but I guess you could say she's a 4a. I love seeing it flourish and grow into the beautiful mane it's becoming and I can't wait for what's in store. It is growing nicely, and its healthy and strong.

Routine: She gets her hair washed once a month (depending on how dirty it is, i will either do a sulfate free shampoo, or i will co wash it), along with a deep conditioning treatment. I trim her ends 2-3 times a year because I'm working on length retention and I've been doing a lot of protective styles where her ends are not exposed, especially because I don't live with her and can't do daily/ weekly maintenance. Her hair is worn in braided styles to preserve the health of her hair and coconut oil is used approx every other day to maintain moisture.

Products:
I have her on a no sulfate, low silicone routine so...

Shampoo: If I shampoo I use organix shampoos, trader joes nourish spa shampoo, and most recently loreal ever sleek reparative shampoo.

Co wash: trader joes tea tree tingle conditioner.

Deep conditioner: I either make one or I use shea moisture deep penetrating treatment.

Rinse out/detangling conditioner: suave rosemary mint conditioner, trader joes nourish spa conditioner, and most recently loreal ever sleek reparative conditioner.

Leave in /styling: herbal essences long term relationship leave in, fructis sleek and shine leave in, most recently loreal ever sleek leave in, tresemme heat tamer, most recently tresemme keratin smooth heat protection spray, coconut oil, shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie, profectiv growth sheen spray.













No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like: