Friday, June 4, 2010

Pantene™ Curly Review

About 3 or 4 weeks ago I took one of my usual trips to the shampoo aisle
of my local drugstore, and noticed that Pantene™ has re-invented
themselves... again. I know that when this happens, most of the time our
favorites get dropped. So I checked to see which products got cut and
which ones hit the shelves. Safe to say most of the faves are still
alive... just some reformulation and of course new look and smell. We
have more options now... like I have, or had fine hair that needed
volume (in my relaxed days), yet it dries out easily, so I would've
liked to use Full & Thick but clear shampoo's dry hair out but Relaxed
and Natural was a little heavy for my hair. Well now, they have a Flat
to Volume line that has three different formulas for your specific type
of fine hair, I would be able to use Dry to Moisturized which is creamy,
moisturizing, and light enough to give a volume boost (thumbs up). They
also have new additions like Medium-Thick Hair Solutions w/ 4
formulations of it's own, and so it goes for all the other groups. Upon
seeing Pantene's "custom fit hair care" I was like a kid in a candy
store: new hair care products, sale, and it's Pantene... of which I am
an ultimate fan. Now, since my hair is now natural I've been on the hunt
for a product that makes my hair look curly and not... the "N" word. So
my final choice was from their Curly Hair Series line, of which they
have two formulations- Dry to Moisturized and Curls to Straight... I
chose Dry to Moisturized. Just like the kid /candystore... I must taste
my goodies ASAP, so as soon as I got home I washed, treated then
conditioned. It has a nice feel, creamy, good slip, and once I set my
curls it looks like curls. Next day however not SO much tho. My curls
were stil visible but they had puffed out and had a dryer look than they
did the day prior. But I re-applied w/ water and voila... they're back.
My issue is that I had to keep reapplying REGULARLY. I love Pantene and
wasn't totally disappointed, but I don't think this was made with my
type of curls in mind. This would be perfect for someone with bigger and
looser curls, with a finer hair texture. Mine just need a heavier duty
type of moisture. I will use the remainder as a co-wash, it rinses out
lovely and leaves hair with a light, clean feel. And it smells nice too,
still bias on the original scent though (nothing beats it, sorry).

Overall I'd recommend the curly line to my bestfriend Migdalia, who is
hispanic, has bigger curls than I do, that dry out and get matted when
not properly quenched. This would be perfect for her and any other curl
like hers.


And I still love pantene conditioners.
Myrick Hair= Good hair= Healthy hair

I'll tranform your hair and take it to its fullest potential. Don't just
take my word for it, sit in my chair and find out for yourself.

Visit http://myrickhair.weebly.com or

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like: