Thursday, June 24, 2010

To Transition or BC- which is right for me?

This is a major question for those new to the natural hair journey.

Many women find it hard to make this decision, but the truth is... its
really up to you. With proper care you can go either route. I think its
easier to just BC and start from there; only because when transitioning,
it gets to be a hassle sometimes and you have the temptation to go back
for a creamy crack fix, and call it a day. More women embrace their
natural hair when they BC.

If you do decide to transition:

Make sure you use the proper products for your hair because its fragile,
esp. at the line of demarcation- where your natural hair ends and the
relaxer begins. Products with silicone REALLY help matters in that area.
I was a fan of Mizani while I transitioned.

You may choose to press out your roots in the meantime, esp. if you have
more relaxed hair than natural. Or, you may choose to wear your hair in
braids or a weave- to reduce stress on those sensitive areas that tend
to break very easily in daily styling. I wore a weave for 2 months, then
opted for the press and curl. But I probably should've kept with the
weave because dealing with my new growth got more tiring week to week.
Plus I later found out that straightening your hair on a constant basis
messes up the natural curl pattern (for those who wish to wear their
curls).

If you decide to BC:

Make sure its a decision you're gonna be able to live with. If you feel
its going to be too short for your face, transition it a little more
until its where you're going to feel comfortable. A BC is suppose to be
liberating not devastating so please make sure of that before you go and
make that step.

Once you've BC'd, proper product selection is also important. There are
a vast array of products on the market for curls- make sure its for your
curls. Some may be too light for heavier curls or course hair, and some
may be too heavy for lighter curls or finer hair. Know your hair type
and choose accordingly.

No matter what type or texture you have, under NO circumstances use
anything containing mineral oil or petroleum. Read the ingredients list
before making a purchase. If you see these product drop them and move
on. Those ingredients are misleading, and do not moisturize -AT ALL. In
fact it basically sits on the outer layer of you hair, because hair and
skin cannot absorb neither of them. Instead opt for natural moiturizers
like vitamin e, glycerin, shea, coconut, olive, avacado, jojoba,
walnut, nettle, rosemary, and wheat germ oils.

I find it better for my natural hair to use a sulfate free wash.
Sulfates dry our already dry hair out, damages it in the long run and
defeats the purpose of the BC. If I wanted my hair to be damaged I'd
have kept relaxing my hair.

Myrick Hair= Good hair= Healthy hair

I'll tranform your hair and take it to its fullest potential. Don't just
take my word for it, sit in my chair and find out for yourself.

Visit http://myrickhair.weebly.com and make an appointment for your free
consultation.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like: