Friday, June 11, 2010

Weave Woes

There is a misconception of the concept of weaves. Many women fall into


the snare of thought that when you put a weave in, u just forget about,

and give up on your own hair. I'm here to inform you that that is not true at all. True, a weave

serves the purpose of adding hair where there may not be any by either

adding length or fullness, but it is not an indefinite fix. I use weaves

to give my hair a break from styling and heat stress, and along with the

rest of you also to add length and/or body when I want extra, until mine

grows out.



I have chopped my hair off twice in my lifetime once in '07 (just

because), and again at the end of last year, I decided to go natural and

cut my relaxed hair off. Currently I'm sewn up until more of my length

returns. Meanwhile, I never forget about my hair, or use weave as a

permanent substite or replacement for my head grown hair; aint nothing

better than having your own hair... NOTHING.



If you want longer hair take care of your own hair:

·use a stimulating shampoo and conditioner combo that's right for your

hair needs.



I like: Pantene's Beautiful Lengths shampoo and conditioner. Although

its not stimulating, it uses aqua current technology to direct moisture

deeper into the strand protecting it from damage, seals the cuticle, and

keeps ends in tact for less frequent trims; giving the hair a chance to

grow out.



VIA naturals preparatory shampoo

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Revitalization-Cleaning-Preparatory-Shampoo/dp/B0010CDYYG

gives the scalp a fresh start, stimulates the scalp, exfoliates pore

clogging debris that prevent growth. I usually use this for the 1st

lather then I proceed with my fave moisturizing shampoo.



I'm currently using:

Deity America Plant Shampoo. It stimulates blood circulation to the

scalp, all natural, leaves my hair feeling silky, and I love the smell.



·Deep condition or treat your hair every 2 weeks (right before a weave

is put in and after it's taken out)



My faves are: Hair mayonaise by Organic Root stimulator or the one by

Africa's Best.



Profectiv's mega growth deep strengthening growth conditioner



VIA Growth Therapy Conditioner

http://www.universalbeautystore.com/shopexd.asp?id=241&cat_id=8



I'm currently using:

Hair Mayonaise by Africa's Best. It's excellent for my hair before and

after a weave. It leaves my hair soft, moisturized, easy combout, and

strong. My scalp feels rejuvenated when I rinse



Nexxus Aloxxi as a bi-weekly treatment to undo any heat damage I may

have done to the hair left out. It works perfect while my hair is

weaved, it treats my hair with out the heavy build up... i.e no greasy

looking weave.



·Get regular trims (every 2 or 3 months)



·Try taking a supplement that encourages hair growth my faves are:



GNC's Horsetail

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3921983&kwCatId=&lmdn=Brand



Andrew Lessman's Healthy Hair Skin & Nails which contains MSM (excellent

for rapid hair growth)

http://health-fitness.hsn.com/andrew-lessman-healthy-hair-skin-nails_m-10029831_xp.aspx



·Don't forget your hair underneath the braids and tracks.

BEFORE your weave is applied, make sure you moisturize your scalp with

none other than something to stimulate growth.

I Like: Organic Root Stimulator's carrot oil creme- with nettle,

horsetail, carrot oil and other known nourishers for the scalp that help

the hair grow up big and strong.



VIA naturals stimulating gro serum

http://www.amazon.com/Via-Natural-Stimulating-Gro-Serum/dp/B0010CCKFA/ref=pd_sim_bt_2

I always apply this to my scalp daily especially when I get the

notorious weave itch, it works way better than slappin my own head. Its

light, not greasy, but it gets the job done.



Salerm Biokera for hair loss

http://www.amazon.com/Salerm-Intensive-Specific-Especifica-Applications/dp/B000TFSBW0/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1273780676&sr=1-1-fkmr1

is an amazing leave-in after a weave wash! Apply to scalp all over and

feel it go to work. (6 vials per pack)





If fuller hair is what you want,



· 1st you may need to cut hair evenly. This makes hair look much fuller

in appearance being that all the strands are stacked on the same level.

If this leaves you hair shorter than desired, then rock the weave a

little longer until it reaches the desired length.



· Once your length is "you approved", choose to use volumizing hair

products:



I like: Pantene's Flat to Volume shampoo and conditioner. The root

lifter spray gel adds to the effect



Body Envy by Herbal essences

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dbeauty&field-keywords=herbal+essences+body+envy

is a great line. I'm a fan of the Weightless Volumizing Gel, it

volumizes my hair, doesn't dry it out or make it crunchy. With the

fusion of pink coral flower & white nectarine they smell awesome!



Also try Doo Gro Mega thick shampoo and conditioner. It has organic

bodybuiders that give mass to the hair strand.





·DO NOT RELAX HAIR BEFORE PUTTING IN A WEAVE. Unless you want

breakage... don't do it. Relaxers break down the chemistry of the hair,

leaving it in an already weak state. Pulling it into tight braids and

then sewing tracks onto it only adds un-needed stress on your tresses

and pops the hair off. All of which is the culprit in the excessively

thin appearance of the hair once the weave is taken out, leaving you

with no choice but to indefinitely rely on a weave.



Stop the cycle today!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like: