Sunday, March 17, 2013

Product review: Trader Joes coconut body butter

This stuff is the truth!! I could leave it at that but I will elaborate.

I've been meaning to write a review for this stuff, but I admit I haven't partly because I selfishly didn't wanna put people onto it for fear I won't find it when I need a re-up. And then I just couldn't get the words out to describe it.

I was introduced to this product last year when I was at my dads house and seen a jar on my little sisters dresser. I flipped the top for a whiff of what was inside, and immediately started scheming on how to Deebo this from her without her missing it. I decided against it and went to Trader Joe's for my own especially after I found out the price of this yummy-ness. When I like something I love it hard so I grabbed two jars without hesitation. And I haven't used anything else since. Aside from the smell, this thick creamy, buttery, heavenly delight goes on smooth and goes to work immediately. It's fast absorbing so there's no greasy after feel and it's not heavy, just truly moisturizing and it lasts all day. This is especially great on those rough dry troublesome areas like hands, heels, elbows and knees, it really softens those areas. And a little goes a loooong way.

Price: 5.99 for 8 oz jar

What it smells like:
It has a sweet coconut/ cake batter type of fragrance. I've gotten a lot of compliments just wearing this alone. It's not an overbearing, nauseatingly nose raping smell, it just smells lovely yet it's noticeable.

I use this after I shower with Dove's Shea and vanilla body bar. They compliment each other well. And then I spray on some Victorias Secret very sexy now (which I think is discontinued) I bought some bottles on a clearance sale.

What it promises: no promise, the product speaks for itself.

What's in it: purified water, coconut oil, cetyl alcohol, capric/caprylic triglyceride, glyceryl stearate se, glycerin, stearyl alcohol, Shea butter, aloe leaf juice, clary extract, vitamin E, grapefruit fruit extract, yucca extract, dimethicone, orange peel extract, rosemary leaf extract, marshmallow extract, lemongrass extract, carbomer, centella asiaica extract, matricaria flower extract, polysorbate, 20, hops extract, sodium benzoate, disodium EDTA, lemon peel extract, horsetail extract, vaccinium myrtillus fruit/leaf extract, fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol, sodium hydroxide, potassium sorbate.





2 comments:

  1. Body Butter is great to keep on hand for all-day use. I keep a pump of it in the bathroom and use it all the time, especially after washing my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PHENOXYETHANOL, this is not good. It is created from BENZENE (a known carcinogen) then its treated with ETHYLEN OXIDE (another known carcinogen). The FDA says phenoxyethanol can cause damage to the brain and nervous system. Read up on this harmful preservative and then ask yourself why a company like TJ's would add this to its skin care line. Very disappointed in TJ's.

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like: