Saturday, March 9, 2013

Treasure Chest Rediscovery

Sooo... I went digging thru my hair (product junky) crates, and (re)found my cantu moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, Kids Organics shea butter hair lotion, Avon advanced techniques clarifying shampoo, and mane n tail hair strengthener. I also did a Polymedic treatment.

Although the cantu isn't sulfate or silicone free, my hair actually responded well to it. My hair didn't really like it when I was relaxed, but I initially bought all the cantu products for my girls' (younger sisters) hair. I stopped using these, not because I had bad results on the girls' hair, but because I got caught up in the sulfate free "ALL natural" whirlwind. I'm now learning that what works, works. Now... I'm not running back to sulfates, but I'm more open to not totally demonizing products that contain them. Especially since this stuff left my hair really moisturized, so much so that I didn't feel like I needed to DC. My curls were popping, like they used to when I first bc'd. My hair needed this.

My full routine this week:

I hadn't combed thru my hair for a couple of days just fro'd it out and threw my bonnet on at night so I needed to detangle before even thinking of getting in the shower to wash that mess. So I sectioned off my hair in four, and applied kids organics shea butter detangling moisturizing hair lotion by Africa's best to each section. I then misted each section right before detangling with my hair strengthener daily leave in conditioning treatment spray by mane n tail.

Once I was fully detangled, I proceeded to clarify each section with advance techniques clarifying shampoo by Avon. I did two shampoos with this. My scalp was very itchy and had been for the past few wash days with no relief, I realized I needed to really clarify and it worked wonders. I also clarified because I wanted to do a treatment with Nexxus Polymedic, and figured I'd get better results with a "clean slate", that also worked wonders.

I kept the Polymedic on for 10 mins with a plastic cap on then thoroughly rinsed. Did one shampoo with cantu moisturizing shampoo, then applied cantu moisturizing rinse out conditioner and detangled. I rinsed with warm water then did a cold rinse to seal.

I air dried half way with a t-shirt then did the LOC method (which my hair looooves) using my tresemme heat tamer leave in spray, coconut oil, then Giovanni direct leave in. So much life given to my hair with this method. It's officially apart of my regimen now.

The lesson this week was:
I don't need to go out and by a damn thing more... Lol nah. Seriously, it was that I can find something new in something old. I will be digging in the crates more often.

****update****
My hair was weird in the last few days of the week closer to my next wash day. My ends kept tangling... Like a nightmare. I never had my ends do that to me before, before i blame it on anything in particular, i will eliminate one and see if they still tangle up. The different things I did was the clarifying poo, cantu shampoo n conditioner, and this LOC method I've done for the second week. So I didn't clarify or wash with cantu this week and continued the LOC method. I will update accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like: